Thursday, April 7, 2011

quick update

So when Aaron was 9 days old we took him to Dr Wiens because his eye had been matted up for about 5 days and wasn't getting better. He checked him over and found out that he had an ear infection in his R ear that had spread to his eye, ordered antibiotics for both ear and eye and sent us home. At Aaron's 2 week check up the R ear was getting a little better but not tons and the L ear was now looking infected as well. Dr Wiens changed the antibiotics so now we are trying those out. I was worried about developing thrush with all these antibiotics so soon after birth but so far we have avoided it. I got some probiotic drops for Aaron and have been eating yogurt everyday myself so hopefully that will keep us healthy other wise. At Aaron's 2 week check up he weighed in at a heafty 7lbs 1.8oz! His cheeks have definitely plumped out and I notice a difference in his legs and abdomen too, though they are still pretty skinny, definitely not chuncky looking yet but I am sure we will get there. Luke also had a check up that day (delayed 3 yr visit) and he weighed 34 lbs and was 39 inches tall. That puts him at 40% for wt and 80% for ht, long and skinny which we already knew. (-; He did really well and I was so proud of him. He had to get a shot and have blood drawn, two sticks! He doesn't remember the last time he got a shot, over a yr ago, so there wasn't any anxiety before hand but I wasn't sure how much or what to tell him ahead of time. I also didn't want him to be surprised or feel betrayed by me not giving him information. I ended up telling him just before they stuck him that it would hurt just a little really quick and then they would be done. It was sad, there were a few tears, but everyone was very quick and the tears dried just as quickly. After the blood draw he needed to have a bandaid of some type but almost all of his experiences with bandaids were after shots so he is terified of bandaids (even though he doesn't remember those shots). We ended up just using gause and tape and I held pressure on it foe a while and then rolled his sleves down over it. He did a great job of leaving it alone and later in the day actually told me that he liked his bandaid because it made his ouchy all better! Yesterday we had almost a constant stream of visitors at our house including Luke and Kat Bonham!!! Big Luke and little Luke got to play together and it was fun catching up and getting to know Kat a bit. After they left Luke and Aaron and I had our nap and as soon as Luke woke up he started begging to plag with big Luke! We will get to see them tonight again and hear more about their trip, but I wish there was more time for personal visits and play.

No comments: