Saturday, April 26, 2008

more coming


This is a pic my mom-in-law took for us when they were here a few weeks ago. I don't want to write more about this right now because there are a lot of good pics that haven't been uploaded yet.
I have been listening to "This American Life" online (check out http://www.npr.org/ and look under their programs tab) since I spend a lot of time sitting and nursing and day time tv is not that great. I have mostly been listening to their favorites list and there are some really good thought provoking shows there. My favorite right now is the one called "My Pen Pal", which is about a little girl who started writing letters to General Manuel Noriega, who was the leader of Panama at the time and considered a dictator, drug runner and murderer by the USA. I don't want to share too much, it is definitely worth listening to, but it made me think about what kind of impact each of us can have if we push ourselves to keep an open mind and dare to listen. There are also a lot of more simply amusing episodes, but most do have something to think about somewhere in there. Would you rather fly or be invisible, and what does that say about you?
I have one more week off from work, very sad about the thought of being away from PooBa so long at a time, but it's a part of the way we are currently living our lives and I think that a part of me will enjoy being back with my co-workers and patients. I guess I just need to get past the guilt of not always being there and remember that most people now grow up with working Moms, including my mom, and aren't damaged at all by that fact. Still, I feel like being selfish. I don't want to miss out on anything, his first word or step or anything. It helps to know that he will always be with either my mom or my husband, always will be in a warm loving environment with more than enough attention focused entirely on him. (-:

1 comment:

SubSub said...

What a great picture!!!! I love you all! I can't wait to see more. :)