Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Five Generations!

I have a great grandmother who is 96 years old, 97 in June. She lived in her own home until about 2 years ago when she moved into assisted living. Less then a year ago, on the weekend we found out that Poo Ba was coming, she fell and broke her hip and eventually moved into a nursing home. We never expected her to still be here to see Poo Ba. I go to visit her every week with my mom like I have since before my great grandpa died when I was 15. She wasn't always awake but when she was I would show her my growing belly and we would talk about the coming baby and about how things were when she was a young mother. She used to crochet lace around pieces of flannel for baby blankets and each grandchild and great grandchild got one. She can't crochet anymore but she has a few extras so one day I picked one out for Poo Ba. The pictures below were taken the first time I took Poo Ba to see my great grandma. My grandma, mom and sister who lives in Vermont were also there so we got a 5 generation picture. Grandma was so awake that day, and every other time I have brought Poo Ba since she has perked up When we come. She has held him with a little help and she has kissed him. I write special things down in a book for him and I wrote to him that these are very special kisses. It's amazing that Great Grandma is still with us, even more amazing that she knows who Poo Ba is, but it is highly unlikely that she will live to see any other great, great grandchildren. He is probably the only one lucky enough to be held and kissed by her.


No comments: