Thursday, February 18, 2010

There are a few verses that have come back to me since we lost our sweet angel. They come from Psalm 42, a desperate psalm where David is in agony and oppressed. One verse says, "My tears have been my food day and night..." The verses that comfort me though, that express my attitude and feelings, go like this... "Why are you downcast, Oh my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God", and the second like this, "By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." For me it expresses that even though something terrible has happened, even though I sometimes feel that like David, "My bones are in mortal agony..." that God is with me, that I have chosen to put my trust in him and that no matter what I will continue to praise my God. Because even through all of this, he is with me. His love surrounds me during the day and at night his song cradles me as the holy spirit sends up prayers for me, "with groans that words cannot express." (Romans 8:26).

I am praising God, partly for being constant and loving. Partly for all of the people he has placed in my life who show his love to me each day. For all of you, and especially for Luke and Greg. Because of this my heart is not always downcast, because of this I still have laughter and happiness, because of this my life is still full of hope.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

My heart aches for you. Know you are in my thoughts & prayers ((((Hugs)))) I wish we were closer