Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Leah and Amos!!!

One of my best friends, Leah, brought her son Amos to visit us all the way from Oregon from January 27-31! The last time I got to see her we were all pregnant (Amy, Leah and I). We all have blogs so we have watched each other's kids grow up in pictures that way and email some too, but this was the first time we have had the chance to meet in person and see our three boys together. Here we are, Amy, Leah and I with Glen, Luke and Amos.
Luke was 27 lbs and 21 months, Amos 22 lbs at his last checkup, and Glen was 29 lbs at 18 months! While Glen obviously has them all beat in the weight category Luke is definitely the tallest! Amos has them both beat in the vocab category, he talks all the time and is very easy to understand! I think he taught Luke a few things because Luke is starting to talk way more than he was before, but he isn't nearly as clear yet as Amos. I'm sure it will come.




The boys really hit it off right from the start! They had so much fun playing together, which really surprised Leah and I because most of the time our boys just play next to other kids, but Amos and Luke really interacted a lot while they played and they LAUGHED AND LAUGHED AND LAUGHED!!! (and so did we!) Glen, while just as big, is 4 months younger, so he mostly played next to the two older boys, but Luke and Amos are only 2 weeks apart in age. These next pics are from the first day they were all together at Amy's house. Leah spent the 27th with another friend, Beth. Then the next evening she spent the night with Amy and on the 29th I went and picked her up and brought them to our house for the rest of her stay.

















Over the few days we had together the boys frequently staged "nurse-ins". Usually Amos would start and Luke was always quick to follow! Glen doesn't usually nurse as much as Amos or Luke, but the power of suggestion was strong and he was never far behind in requesting an extra nursing! It was so much fun to have the three of them together!
...................................................................................
On the 29th we spent the evening at my brother's house with his wife and some other friends, Faby and Camila. It was a blast but unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. I don't know if anyone else did either, maybe some will turn up. For a while Amos and Luke were in the kitchen together playing and when I went to check on them they had a piece of paper and they would take turns throwing it up in the air and then laughing hysterically while they watched it fall! Ben and I were about doubled over watching them!
.................................................................
Saturday Amy and Glen came down for the afternoon and we played and went shopping together down town. We also took the pics of the six of us that day (at the very top of this post). Then in the evening we went out to my aunt and uncle's house, Ruth and Dwayne's. My parents and my aunt Janet and uncle Dwight were also there and my grandparents also showed up for a bit. Leah is not only one of my best friends, but also a second cousin and our families have always been extremely close so everyone wanted to see her and Amos.



My cousin Kaitlyn playing with the boys.



A piano!
It is kind of funny, but there is a piano at my house and Amy's house too and the boys couldn't resist playing on all of them!





My grandparents...









Luke and Amos are both on later schedules to accommodate their parents work schedules (Amos' dad John works late hours with his pizza food cart), so it worked out well for visiting late and sleeping in all together.
..................................................................................
On Sunday we woke up late and went to church and the boys did really well together and made it through the service! Then we came back to our house and Ben and Andrea also came and had lunch together with us before we had to take Leah and Amos to the Airport. Here are a couple of pics of Luke and Amos playing in his cardboard house.






It's so much fun having a playmate just your size!






The visit was over way too fast. Leah and I had some good time to talk while we waited for her plane and then they were gone! I am hoping it won't be another 2 years before we see them again.



Bye-bye! We miss you both!



No comments: