Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Luke

Luke has been growing and changing so much lately. He has started liking books that have more words on the page, he talks all the time, he knows what he wants and he will definitely let you know!

Today he wanted to wear shoes that were two different colors!




And he wanted to eat in his house.
...................................................................
Luke has started reading to himself, the "One Fish, Two Fish" book is one of his favorites and he will turn to the page that starts out, "Bump! Bump! Bump!" and say "Bu! Bu! Bu!", or to the page that talks about brushing and combing blue hair and say, "Comb! Comb! Comb!" He also likes to get out one of my books, I am reading, "The Hobbit" each evening right now, and pretend to read that too. Sometimes he will bring me a book or something else and point at me, which means he wants me to do it. Other times he will point to himself which means that whatever we are doing I need to get my hands off because he is going to do it himself!
.........................................................................
He still loves bath time. Here are the boys tonight having fun with bubbles.




Daddy is saying cheese even if Luke isn't.


Daddy told him to show Mommy the soap so that is what he is doing, first the soap on himself...




Then the soap in the bottle!



Scrub, scrub, scrub!!!






One of my favorite words that he says right now is shampoo, which comes out, "poo poo?" He won't say it on command though, just when he is actually taking a bath and is ready to wash his hair.

.................................................................

Luke has been terribly sweet. When I am sad he comes and sits on my lap and gives me hugs and kisses or pats my back to make me feel better. He used to tell me to give the baby in my tummy nah nahs and I would say that the baby was too little, but recently I started telling him that the baby went bye-bye. At first that made him upset, I wasn't playing the game right. Then one time I asked him if that made him sad, that the baby went bye-bye, and asked if he wanted to say bye-bye to the baby. He brightened up and waved bye-bye to my tummy and then came over and gave my tummy a kiss. I can't be sad too much with such a wonderful little boy to cheer me up!

No comments: