Friday, February 5, 2010

Thank You

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has sent emails or posted or called us in the past couple of days. I know a lot more people out there are praying for us and that means a lot too.

I am feeling somewhat better now, not so overwhelmed and emotionally tired. I can even talk about it a little without always breaking down. The sadness still surprises me sometimes though. I think it will probably be that way for a while yet, especially since this miscarriage is something we are still going through. I need to find time to do some journaling and process what is happening.

Luke is so sweet and funny and he helps us get through with a little humor and laughter.

I went to the doctor today to talk about my options and incidentally at 3 am last night I came down with Greg's "food poisoning" which it turns out is actually gastro enteritis! No fun. I kept my appointment and we decided to let things proceed naturally for now and avoid possible complications for future pregnancies. I haven't had any bleeding still since Wed. morning, and while it would be nice to get that part over with I think this is the best course for now, especially since I feel like crap right now physically.

We bought new phones yesterday because no one could hear us on our old ones, they said we just kept cutting out all the time. Unfortunately the new ones are doing it too so I think we need to have a talk with our phone provider. We were hoping to be able to say calls are ok now, and they are, but our phones don't work. We can hear you but you can't hear us. If you want to call you can and tell us who you are and we can try to call you back.

Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts.
Laura

1 comment:

spiderwart said...

Just a quick update, we had to go to the emergency room on Saturday night because I was bleeding too heavily, but everything passed ok and I didn't have to have a D&C. I am doing ok, not sore or anything. Thankfully Luke never got the flu!