Friday, March 20, 2015

Birthday Party for Aaron and Sarah!

March 15th we had Aaron and Sarah's joint birthday party at the bowling alley per Aaron's request.  My friend Kara made the birthday cakes, a Dragon for Aaron and the two smaller cakes for Sarah.  They turned out amazing!



We tried to keep it on the smaller side and mostly invited family, all the grandparents and great grandma's and the uncles who were in town, plus two family friends, Kara and Bret and their two girls, Amare and Onnyka and Chris and Victoria and their two girls Charlotte and Lucy.








Sarah slept through most of the bowling which was good because she definitely needed a nap!



This crazy girl is Lucy and she always makes me smile!


Kids having fun between turns...



Happy Birthday!!!


She woke up!  Hi Birthday Girl!


Time for cake and presents!!!




Smash it Sarah!  No really, go ahead and get dirty!


Birthday presents!





The balloons were a big hit!  Then it was home again.  Sarah actually crawled into her carseat by herself after we had gotten home and was playing in it so I had to get a few pics of this girl who always gets mad when I put her there!





We also spent some time outside blowing bubbles, part of the kids' gift bags.





What a beautiful day!  

.....................................................

We had Sarah's 1 yr check up yesterday and she is 19.1 lbs and according to the weight for height chart very proportional.  (-:  She walks everywhere but doesn't like to hold hands, climbs up on top of furniture, likes to eat a variety of food but has definite likes and dislikes which I don't think my boys did at this stage.  She loved the strawberries at Grandma Regier's house today but she doesn't like bananas at all, no matter how you serve them.  She is also the only one of my kids that I have ever given orange pieces to at this age without them getting a diaper rash later!  She says Dadadada and Mamamama, I have seen her shake her head yes several times and seen her do no today for the first time.  She waves bye-bye and has done high fives for a long time already.  She loves to dance, play with anything that lights up or makes noise or has buttons, and she loves her brothers.  She is my independent girl!

....................................................

Aaron's birthday is Sunday and I am supposed to work that day.  :-(  I am amazed at how he and Luke have both stretched out so tall this year.  He is still my sweet sensitive boy with the big emotions.  Right now he always says things that he loves.  "I YOOOOVE buttons!", "I YOOOOVE sharing!", " I YOOOOVE peppers!"He likes to be helpful and to make Sarah smile.  He loves bubbles and swinging and watching scooby doo!  He wants to be like Luke and do the things that Luke does but he gets discouraged when things are to hard for him.  He likes the Wii and because he likes it so much he is learning that if he keeps trying he will get better at it!  He is my most snugly baby right now.  He needs lots of touch and gentle reassurance that he is loved, especially when he is in trouble for something.  He has learned that you don't actually have to tell the truth so we are working on learning that it is better if you do tell the truth.  He likes counting and playing with numbers and letters, playing with his bike, and eating sandwiches with Miracle Whip, Cheese and Pickles on it with baby bell peppers on the side.  I'm not always sure what motivates this kid but I think that he has a little bit of a rebel in him.  Aaron is not a copy of his big brother, he is uniquely Aaron, and I love that about him!

I remember the day that you were born, Aaron.  I remember how beautiful it was out side, with warm sunshine and spring in the air.  I remember how peaceful and joyful it was while we waited for you.  I remember talking on the phone with Becca while we walked to get cinnamon rolls from the bakery a half mile from the birth center.  I remember watching movies with your dad while we waited for the contractions to get stronger, and then taking a nap when we got tired and the contractions giving me a break so I could rest.  I remember playing with Luke and Gammy and Papa and how the wind blew Luke's ball away so Papa had to chase it.  I remember sending everyone but your Dad and I home so they could get naps and we could get serious about bringing you here.  How we walked the stairs down the the basement, up and down, up and down, up and down.  I remember having to stop and kneel on the steps when the contractions came and telling me body to open and let you come into my arms.  I remember how good sitting in the warm water in the tub felt and how suddenly it stopped feeling good and I knew you were ready to be born!  I remember how different everything was from the day Luke was born, how quiet you were, how time wise you were way faster, but at the same time you didn't rush.  When you were born and I pulled you onto my chest and dried you off you barely cried, you just looked at me so deeply.  I remember talking to you but I don't remember what I said, and how it took a little while before you were ready to nurse but then you decided it was time and you did a great job!  I remember everyone coming back to see you and being so excited to hold you!  I remember how much Luke loved you right from the first moment.  He was so excited to be your big brother!!!  I remember giving you your first bath and then Daddy getting you dressed.  I remember eating cake and singing happy birthday to you for the first time.  You were SOOOO tiny!!!  After you were born we only stayed at the birth center a few hours and then we got to go home and be in our own beds which was really special because with all my other babies we had to stay in the hospital at least a whole day after they were born.  It felt so good to be at home with you! You were the 200th baby born at the Yoder Birth Center, and when you turned one we rode in the Yoder Day's Parade with several other people who had babies born there and with the midwives, Lois and Angel. You are my middle child and you are so special!  I hope you always know that you are special and that you are loved just for who you are.  

No comments: