Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sarah is 1!!!




Can't believe I have already had one whole year with you, my darling girl!  You are sweet and funny and fiercely independent!  I love you so much and can't wait to see each new day with you, just don't grow up to fast!


...................................................................

Sarah, I remember the day that you were born!  It seems like it was only a few weeks ago, not a whole year!  I love that each of my children's births were so different from each other and each one special and wonderful.  You were fast and furious in the middle of the night.  You were never in distress, your heart tones were good for the very brief amount of time that we were monitoring them but you didn't seem to enjoy the process.  You and I both wanted it over with as fast as possible so we could just enjoy each other.    You came so fast that we barely made it to get Becca, drop off the boys and get to the hospital, and when they told me that the midwife wasn't there yet I almost cried!  Somehow with lots of love and support from Daddy and Becca and our nurse Rusty we managed to hold on until she got there!  Then with just one contraction you were out and screaming.  You made sure everyone knew just how mad you were about the whole process!  You screamed for about 40 minutes before you finally settled down to nurse!  Your birth was special to me because for the first time ever I delivered with my sister by my side and in a hospital full of friends.  When we first got to the hospital and my friends and coworkers met us at the door with a wheelchair I was smiling so big!  Everyone was so excited to get to meet you and it was so much fun to come to a place where I knew and loved everyone to have you be born, like a big party.  After you were born and we had our time together Daddy got to hold you a little while and then he let Becca hold you!  The two of you have a special bond I think because she got to be there to see you come into this world.  Then Gammy and Papa and the boys came up and you got so many hugs and kisses from your brothers!  They love you so much!  You are not a copy of your big brothers, you are different in almost every way, and I love how unique you are.  You are teaching me all over again how to be a mother.  (you would think I'd have it down by now ! :-) Happy birthday my little bird! 

No comments: