Sunday, October 19, 2014

Vermont part 2

The next morning we had fresh blueberry pancakes for breakfast!  They were amazing!  Becca used just a little batter and added so many blueberries they were just bursting out all over the place.  The taste when you bit into them, HEAVEN!



She made just a few scrambled eggs for a little salt to go with all the sweet and it was a perfect balance.


Another example of Mosely insisting on being wherever Sarah was.  (-:


After breakfast we went and bought a few things for a picnic and set off on a hike.  Becca lives in the woods and there are several old roads and trails around her house.  Just the week before I got there she had discovered this one with an amazing view at the end and just knew we had to go there.



Old stone walls are everywhere in Vermont and most of our path we were walking between two old stone walls so even though some of the time our path was only wide enough for one person we were guessing that at one time it used to be a nice wide road.










Most of the path was through a forest but right at the end we came out to see this...




It was like "Sound of Music", "The Hills Are Alive..." gorgeous!


The grass was short and even, almost as though it was cut though it obviously wasn't, and there were strawberry plants everywhere in the grass.  We went down to a lower part of the meadow with some shade where we were still far enough away from the trees to have an amazing view and set up our picnic lunch.


Sarah was happy to lay on the soft blanket of springy grass with our sheet over top and was very quickly wiggling all over the place.


Our lunch consisted of a baguette from Becca's work, some soft cheese and smoked duck breast and salad greens from a farmer's market type place, raspberries we had picked the day before and left over apple pie along with a bottle of water and a small amount of sweet wine from the night before.  It was delicious!




Sarah kept trying to crawl and scoot to look at things and kept getting further and further down the hill going backwards.  She was having so much fun.





She ended up all the way down there before we brought her back to the top of the sheet and she did this two or three times before we left.



When I picked her up and brought her back this is the look she gave me!  


She also managed to grab a fist full of pine needles and grass which she wanted to eat!





Sarah trying to play with Mosely...





Finally it was time to head back home, I kept looking back at that amazing view!


Sarah fell asleep very quickly, I think all that scooting made her tired out.


Pretty things on the way back home...
















There are tons of ferns in the woods around Becca's cabin and they were changing all different colors, so beautiful and I had no idea they did that.  I kept thinking about a line from some children's book about playing among the ferns and the bracken but we couldn't remember what it was from.


Our whole trip Sarah was a perfect little traveler. We drove around quite a bit as well as our two long days of plane travel and she was just a little angel.


After we got back we headed out to meet Amanda Anne and her boyfriend Alex for ice cream.  Here are a few pics from the drive to her house.




Becca told me that whenever she goes across this bridge to Amanda Anne's house she thinks of me because the first time she drove over it with Amanda Anne she told Becca, "Your sister is gonna love this!", and I did! 


This is the view from Amanda Anne's back yard.


At the ice cream place...



Aren't they cute!  Love these amazing people and so glad they are Becca's friends/family in VT!


We also went back to AA's and Alex's house for a while before heading back to Becca's and AA gave me several of her "mess-up " pieces that I think are beautiful.  We sat and talked and I drank a ton of water because I was so thirsty after the ice cream and hiking and then we ate Alex's favorite chips and drank a bit more water!  I wish I had a lot more time to spend with them and I definitely think they should come visit Kansas in the near future!

.............................................

At home we ate something, I can't remember what just now.  We also took showers and Sarah got a sink bath which she loved.





Snuggling on the couch!  Aren't they adorable!



Sarah started blowing raspberries on Becca's leg!  



Next morning Becca had to work.  )-:  Sarah and Mosely and I slept in and made the most of it.  They were such good buds by that point that I spread out a blanket on the floor while I made breakfast and the two of them played together while I watched.


This is almost unbearably cute!


I had my breakfast...


And Sarah had hers, and then we sat on the couch together for a bit...



Then Sarah and Mosely sat on the floor while I did dishes and laundry and got everything ready for the day.  Becca went in to work really early so she got home early after noon.  While she showered up Sarah and Mosely and I took a walk to the neighbor's house to see if there were any eggs...






No eggs but we had a nice little walk.  THe Neighbor is just up the hill a little way and the road there is like a less than sign <.  This is the view of Becca's house on the way back down.


There is Becca's car, this is just after turning onto Becca's road.



And Becca's sweet little cabin.  I love this place and I love knowing that she is there and loving it.



After Becca was ready we went for a driving tour of White River Junction where Becca used to live.  She took me to see the other two apartments she has lived in and the route she used to run and where her friends used to live and I got a tour of the two buildings where CCS is as well as several other things.  It was neat seeing all these places and people I had only heard about and imagined before. It was getting late so we decided to get Indian take out for supper.  Her favorite place is actually across state lines and just down the road from Dartmouth.  It is amazing what a different feel different towns have from each other. Back at home we got comfy and turned on some good music and had a ton of food to try!




I think Becca had enough left overs for a week, and while we ate Mosely and Sarah played.


Our final morning...  Mosely and Sarah making the most of their time together.


Frowny faces because we have to leave.





Blueberry pancakes one more time!




We talked the whole way to Boston but when we got there they told me that there was no way were going to be able get home that day.  The day after I flew in someone had set the control tower in Chicago fire and the damage was going to take weeks to repair.  My flight was supposed to go through Chicago so I couldn't get home that way.  They put me on a flight through Dallas the next morning but until then Becca and I had to think of something.  Rachel was at work and so were Becca's friends so after driving to a place that was more familiar to Becca we found a place to eat and get out of the car for a bit.








When Rachel got out messages she let us know when she would get home and that it was fine if Sarah and I stayed there.  Becca and I killed time sitting in the car and playing games and then we went to Rachel's and said good-bye.



Rachel and I got some good cousin time in and ate some delicious pizza she made and then crashed in bed.  I didn't set my alarm right so the morning was very rushed but we made out flight!!!


I tried to take pics of the cool things I saw on the different flights for Aaron since he loves airplanes.




Sarah charmed everyone in the airport, but we mostly tried to keep to ourselves since we had about 6 hours in Dallas.



Finally back on the plane!!!  Almost home!


Leaving Dallas!


Luke saw the pic below and asked if I went into outer space!





Hello Kansas!


Wichita...


See Wesley Medical Center?



Aaron came running as soon as he saw us and Luke was hiding to surprise us.



No comments: