Friday, October 17, 2014

Indiana trip part 2.

Our last few days were spent mostly at home with family though we did go out with friends Mat and Erin one day for supper at the park and then to their house to play wi games and another night Greg and I went to the Constant Spring to hang out with our old Goshen crowd of friends, it was very fun but I think all those pics are on Greg's phone!  We got the kids out of the house to play as much as possible and when inside Luke played a lot of UNO and Pokemon both with me and with his cousins.  Aaron loved playing with water of course and the pretend fishing pole was with him pretty much all the time whether he was inside or out.



Sprinklers!












We took family pics again this year but only got one with our camera and people were a little cut off on the sides.  Aside from that and the fact that my kids are the only ones goofing off it turned out great!


boy cousins!!!


girl cousins!!!






The next day was Dawn and Ryan's last before heading home so they hung out around home and got everything pulled together.




"Don't smile Aaron!"


"Don't smile!"


"Don't smile Aaron!"









Great Grandma Myers gave us a quilt for each child and this is Sarah's!




One last evening with family before heading home...







We divided the trip home up into two days as well.  We left early in the morning and made it all the way to St Louis where we stayed at a hotel with a nice pool.  Greg wanted to get there in time to watch Notre Dame play so while he watched and Sarah napped I took the boys to play in the pool.  Aaron wasn't fearful of water at all last year but this year he has been so my goal was to get him back to loving it again.  Luke had a float ring and Aaron had a life jacket to wear but at first he didn't even want to touch the water.  After a bit though I convinced him to sit on the edge and stick his feet in, then he sat with me on the steps, then a lower step, then we started playing catch with Luke and Luke threw the water Frisbee out of our reach so I held him so he could go get it and then come back to the steps.  Then I got him to blow bubbles and before you knew it I was getting him to let me help him swim around the pool after Luke and playing catch with the Frisbee.  Not long after that I had let go of the life jacket and just stayed right with him while he swam and I even got him to jump in to me from the side!  We had a blast and got thoroughly worn out!  When we got back to the room we ordered pizza and watched a kid friendly movie and I think Aaron was out asleep on the floor before he even finished his pizza!


The hotel had a very nice breakfast and we took time to play in the pool again, this time with all of us, before leaving for home.  Sarah is such a little fish and loves the water and Luke Aaron were very happy to show Daddy how they could "swim".  It was a long drive home still, but we made it and it was a very good trip, enjoying time together as a family and with our extended family.

No comments: