Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Zoo and a visit with friends!

Aaron loves to play piano, typically when I am cooking he is plunking away just around the corner from me going up and down the keys.


March 31st we got one last visit to the Zoo on our old pass, time to renew our membership.  Greg said they asked him 3 times if he was going to renew it.  (-:  It was a beautiful day and we had a great time!  We decided to go in the opposite direction we typically go and headed to the "Apes and Man" exhibit, this was always my favorite as a kid but it is dark in the building and the glass is messy so I didn't get any pics worth posting in there.




Couldn't resist getting this shot!



Next we went to the Australian Outback exhibit.  We almost never go there, partly because it is mostly birds that are just out in the open and when I was a kid one time a nesting goose or duck attacked me.  )-:  No duck or goose attacks this day though, and I had forgotten how cool all the different birds looked.















After the outback we headed around Africa and hit as many places as we could before getting totally exhausted.










My boys taking a break!







We saw the gorillas too but again it wasn't very good lighting for pictures.  We just got one of Aaron getting a drink of water from my cup very enthusiastically!

...............................................

After the Gorillas we let Luke play in the playground close by while we sat on a picnic table to relax a bit.  





It was definitely time to go by then, Luke and Aaron were both tired and needed naps and we had plans with friends in the evening so we walked by the giraffes on our way out and headed home.



Unfortunately Luke did not sleep in the car so we decided to stop at home and give him a quick nap.  He and Aaron both slept for about an hour while I went shopping for a few quick things we needed for supper and got everything together.  Then we headed to Amy, Derrick and Glen's house!


Playing the piano while Amy and I got supper on the table and the boys played.  We had a wonderful supper of Chicken Tandoori and then later ate a dessert of Strawberries and ice cream on angel food cake that I had brought.  Even though it was early for strawberries they tasted really delicious!  Then the boys played outside for a good long while.  It was such a nice evening!
















No comments: