Thursday, March 15, 2012

Update!!!

Luke slept the whole night in his own bed without waking up once last night and basically put himself to sleep for his nap again today.  I went up with him and read him stories before his nap and was really worried because he was having a really hard time listening to me and was up and down the ladder the whole time I was reading to him, but I talked to him about having a short nap if he went right to sleep so that we could go to the park after he woke up and I turned on the monitor so that I could hear him downstairs and told him I would check on him in 5 minutes.  I got downstairs and could hear him talking to himself so I reminded him to be quiet and go to sleep and after that I didn't hear a sound, not movement or anything.  I went up to check on him and he was out!  So far he is still excited about his own bed and his own room, but not always about going to sleep.  I am amazed at how well it is going though!

..............................................................................................

Also forgot to mention in previous posts that Aaron now has 8 teeth, four on top and four on bottom, and he learned to clap about a month ago.  We are working really hard on signs and for a couple of weeks he was using the sign for nursing all the time, but now he has kind of switched over to saying "NAH NAH NAH NAH!" in a very whiny voice (I liked the sign better).  He watches me sign other things and seems to understand some of them, but doesn't sign them back to me yet.  We will see.  Maybe since he discovered how to verbally communicate that he wants to nurse he will want to skip over some of the signs, or maybe he just needs a little more time.  He now stands unassisted for long periods of time and walks around anything and everything, but he is still scared to take a step without holding on to something or someone.  He loves things with buttons and the other day he figured out that if he pushes buttons on the remote he can make things happen on the tv.  He loves playing piano and will often stand with his hands above his head playing the piano while I cook dinner.  He also really loves to look out windows and his favorite is the window in the door to the office because it is low enough that all he has to do is stand up to see out of it.  He doesn't mind climbing on the couch either, but he loves the window in the door.  One of these days I am going to have Greg video him when I am giving him a drink or something else that he loves.  The look on his face is just too much.  He always gets this big grin as soon as he sees me filling up the cup at the sink and then he just beams at me, then the cup, then me, then the cup, etc.  When I offer it too him he usually does at least one bashful turn of his head away from the cup while still grinning as if he can't believe he is actually going to get a drink and then he beams back at me and then takes a drink.  The whole process is too sweet and always cracks me up.  One other fun thing with Aaron, today I watched him play with a toy car on the floor, and I don't just mean turning it over or banging it like he does with most toys, he actually pushed it around on the floor while he crawled around with it in his hand!  Looked so much like a little boy instead of a baby!

No comments: