Monday, March 12, 2012

Catching up IV... Jan 30-Feb 29

January 30th...




Aaron was in the mood to give "kisses" so I tried to catch it on video.  Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZU6wAJxolw

Later the same day we went to my Bartel Grandparent's house for a visit.  Grandpa took Luke outside and the two of them cleaned all the weeds and grass out of the sandbox while Grandma and Aaron and I took a walk around the land.  They have a huge place, and it was so nice just to walk around and talk together.  I know that my grandparents won't live here forever and I want to soak in as many memories of this place as I can.  I know that the place is just a place and that it is the people who have made all these good memories so special, but I can't help loving this place as well.  It is where my parents got married almost 35 yrs ago and where Greg and I got married nearly 10 yrs ago. It is evidence of the love my grandparents have for their children and grandchildren and great grandchildren.  Their huge garden where they grow so much food each year only to give most of it away, the big dining room and family spaces where they have always shared so many meals and even more love, the spaces where they have made or kept toys or things for the kids, both outside and inside, so that we would enjoy our time with them.  They are givers and they have given me soooo much over the years.  When I think about a time when I will hopefully be a grandma I can't imagine being able to do everything they have done for me.  I love them so much.







These next few pics are from Feb 13th.  There was a snow storm and I knew it wasn't going to last so I got Luke and I all bundled up and we went outside to make Luke's first snowman!!!  






I know, it's a pretty ugly snow man, almost as many leaves as there is snow, but we worked hard on it and Luke loved it!






After we were done making the snow man I interviewed him and caught this on tape, cracks me up even now listening back to it.  Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BXptOVw2js
...................................................

The next pic is from the day after Valentine's Day.  We got a great package in the mail from Mimi and Papa!


Here is a link to a video we took to thank Mimi and Papa!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcohKuFdLiI



Kissing again!  He is an aggressive kisser with teeth, good thing he doesn't bite down!  Aaron now has 7 teeth, 4 on top, 3 on bottom.



One day Luke and I were in the bathroom while I was getting ready for work and Luke said, "Mommy, do I have a car?"  I said yeah, he had lots of cars.  He said, "but what kind of cars do I have, Mommy?"  I was confused and said, "I don't know, you have all kinds of cars Luke.  What do you mean?  Are you talking about big cars or about your toy cars?"  He said, "No, I mean a car!  Like Harry Potter has on his forehead!"  "Oh!" , I laughed,  "You mean a SCAR!"  Yes, you do have one scar on your forehead like Harry Potter!"  Then he told me he was sad because his scar wasn't a lightning scar like Harry Potter's and he wanted to know if I could give him a lightning scar like Harry Potter's!  I told him no and when he asked why I could barely stop laughing and told him it would hurt him and I didn't want to hurt him.  He thinks such funny thoughts!

No comments: