Saturday, June 19, 2010

hurray!!!

Luke has been doing really well with the potty training since we have been in IN. It is crazy because he really wasn't showing any interest in it at all at home anymore. Two days ago we were walking down stairs and Luke told me he had to go poopy! I took him to the bathroom and he went potty in the toilet!!! Then today I had to go to the bathroom shortly after getting home so he went with me and when I was done I started walking out and he started crying. I finally went back and he was standing in front of the toilet crying and saying, "Poopy, mommy, poopy!" I asked him if he wanted to go potty in the toilet and he said yes so I got him undressed and he went potty in the toilet!!! I couldn't believe it! He knew he needed to pee and he REALLY WANTED to pee in the toilet!

Now, he still uses a diaper most of the time, but the fact that he knows when he needs to go, is able to wait a little bit for me to get him there, and wants to go potty in the toilet enough that he cries if he thinks I won't let him is HUGE!!! I was really completely shocked.

No comments: