Thursday, June 24, 2010

Harvest

I think everyone already knows that harvest is one of my favorite times of year, so here are a few pics of me enjoying my favorite time of year with my Dad and Luke and a few others as well.



Grandpa and D.A. waiting to drive the next truck.


















Luke was still napping during my first ride but after his nap I went to pick him up and bring him to the field for his first ride of the year. He was nervous at first but as soon as I started explaining the mechanics of it all he forgot about being scared and was completely engrossed in how the combine cut the wheat!



Luke is potty training himself and doing a really great job with it! I do remind him sometimes, but he pretty much knows when he needs to go and he does ask me a lot of the time on his own. Yes this is a naked baby pic, but I don't think you can actually see much, and he was just so cute walking down that dirt road in the sunset.




He also got the chance to play in the wheat!













Austin and Tim joined him and Austin helped him fill his shirt with wheat but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of it!









We had a great day in the field and Luke got another ride on the combine after dark. My mom made supper for everyone, partially in honor of two birthdays, mine and my sister-in-law, Andrea's birthday. It was delicious!
....................................................
I am so proud of how well Luke is doing with potty training, especially since he is really doing it all himself. Unfortunately I have to work the next 4 days in a row so we will see how well my mom and Greg are able to do with him. So far he mostly has just gone for me, but I'm sure in time he will do the same for anyone.




2 comments:

Miriam said...

Aww, I miss harvest.

Bekah said...

wow i like your hair! makes me want to cut mine again lol :)