Monday, November 16, 2009

Fun with the Bartels

Last Sunday we had a small family gathering over at my Aunt and Uncle's house, Larry and Alyce and their boys Sam and Wil. We recently decided that we didn't see enough of each other so we are going to try to have a Sunday lunch once a month at different people's houses and all bring food. This was the first one and it happened to coincide pretty closely with my Bartel Grandparent's anniversary. I think it was a great idea and I am looking forward to the next one!


Larry and Alyce have a nice big back yard and plenty of toys that are lots of fun for young boys, so they had a good time getting their energy run off after lunch. Greg pushed Luke around quite a bit and Luke did the steering for the most part and loved every minute of it until the steering column came out of it's spot and stuck in the ground and we got this nice little video!





We had three kinds of desert and ice cream to boot! These are the brownies that Andrea made with my Grandparent's initials on them!


...................................................................................................


Last Wednesday we headed out to Grandma and Grandpa Bartel's house for another visit and has a lot of fun. Luke mostly wanted to run around outside, and he ran up and down the hills in their back yard too many times to count! Every once in a while he would want to go back in the house for a second, but he almost always was ready to go back out after just a few minutes.

Finally after we had been there for quite a while already he came inside and noticed that Grandpa has some kindling in a metal tub by the fire place and that there was plenty of room in the wood box so he decided to do something about it. He was terribly focused and spent probably 20 minutes or more moving wood back and forth between the tub and wood box! It was terribly cute!


























After all that it was getting late and I wanted to stop at home before going to church for the Youth Group's Turkey Dinner, but lately every time I got to my Grandparent's house something goes wrong with the car and this time was no exception. The last two times one of my tires was low (different tires each time), so Grandpa filled them up for me with his air compressor. This time the car wouldn't start even though the battery was well charged and we had just replaced the starter! Unfortunately Grandpa couldn't fix that for me so we all went to church together in their car and left mine in their driveway.
...................................................
Luke had used up so much energy at their house I think he ate more food at one sitting than I have ever seen him do before! He also did it all by himself with his spoon and didn't spill much at all, I was very impressed! He ate way faster than I did, plus I was busy watching him eat so I wasn't paying as much attention to my own plate, but luckily Grammy and Grampa Regier (my parents) got there just after he finished and they came to sit with us. Luke saw them and really wanted Grampa to sit with him so we moved his stuff out of the way but Grampa didn't see that and started to sit on the other side next to Grammy! Luke just burst into big tears, he was so sad! My mom showed my dad that he was needed by Luke so he started to come over and Luke immediately tried stop crying and started gulping back his tears! We made it through the rest of dinner very well and Luke fell asleep early that night, so much exercise!

No comments: