Monday, March 3, 2014

Christmas in Kansas (for 2013 but technically in January 2014).

Christmas this year was a little small feeling, well a lot small feeling, without Becca at home.  She decided to postpone her visit until the baby arrives which will be fun too, but even with Wes' girlfriend Hope there we definitely felt like we just weren't all there.  We had a good time and I think about half of the pictures we took are on other cameras so I only have some from the latter half of the day, but it was spent eating good food and enjoying good company.  


Becca sent a few things home for us to enjoy together including some special syrup that we used with our baked french toast in the morning and some sharp cheddar cheese that we had with crackers and alongside curried chickpeas and a some very sweet wine or delicious coffee or wassel as people choose.



Luke had just seen commercials for flashlight friends a few days before and had said he wanted them for Christmas but I hadn't told anyone because I thought it was probably too late, but Andrea must have had some kind of crazy intuition because she got both boys a flashlight friend for Christmas.  (-:


Luke also got something he wanted more than anything else for Christmas this year, a transformer.  Some of his friends at school have been bringing theirs to school to play with during recess so he had been begging me for one for some time.  It proved to be a difficult puzzle to solve so the guys took turns trying to make it go back and forth.


I don't remember what all the gifts were, I know we got Ben a gift certificate for the movie theater and Dad one for Amazon so he could get some audio Spanish books, and Charlie got some train tracks and cars to add to his set.  My personal favorite gift that we gave was the one for Wes though, because he had asked for clothes and I was able to get him 5 shirts for very little money at Old Navy during their after Christmas sale!  One of them said "local hero" on it which is perfect because he is definitely a hero to my boys.





Aaron also liked Becca's cheese, maybe a little too much....


playing games in the afternoon, we never finished the game because we decided to try a version that none of us had played for a very long time and it took too long to relearn, so the game was called on account of supper.  (-:




Maybe someday I will get a hold of the rest of the pics and add some more here, but with as busy as we are these days and a baby on the way I wouldn't hold my breath!

   

No comments: