Sunday, June 26, 2011

Harvest pictures (6/15 & 21/11

This year harvest came early and it seemed to mostly be on days that I worked. Every time I didn't work it rained! I did get out to the field for a few meals when I was on call which was really nice, and Luke got to ride the combine twice, once with my mom and once with me and Aaron. The day Aaron and I got to ride too was the last day my dad was cutting and he was almost done so we only got to ride for one combine load and then we road in the truck with my grandpa to coop where Luke got a sucker! It has been long enough since my there were little kids riding that my dad thought that the co-op no longer gave out suckers! I think Luke was glad he was wrong. (-:


This was Janet's night to cook and Rod Wedel was there among other guests. Luke didn't like to walk in the wheat stuble so Rod put him on his shoulders!




My sling made eating in the field possible!









Aaron's first time in a combine! He did great. Was happy and awake for the first little bit and then fell right to sleep!


























It went by too fast for me, though it actually took longer than they thought it would because of all the rain. By the 23rd everything was cut and we had the traditional "thresher's ice cream". I had to work that night but Greg brough in a cooler with some ice cream that I shared with my co-workers! Yum!


No comments: