Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May

I can't believe that this is the first I have posted this month, but looking back at the pictures I have taken I guess it's true. Most of these don't really have a story behind them, I just was enjoying my two cute boys.




Luke has been really developing his imagination lately. He has started putting on magic shows for Greg and I with his only prop being his cape. (This was started after watching an episode of Kipper, a show about a dog, who puts on a magic show for his friends.) Since he doesn't have a hat or cards or anything he just holds his hands in a certain way and says, "pick a card" or "nothing in my hat". It's pretty funny.




This little guy has been chuncking up! He is also a lot more allert and interactive, smiling and talking to us when he is awake! Right now he is sitting on my lap perfectly happy watching me type. (-: I know I am his mother, but I can never get enough of looking at him and his beautiful little face or his sweet chinky thighs, and every time you look at him you just have to kiss him!




My brother Tim and my cousin Erin are graduating from High School this year and had a graduation party together. Part of the process was going through all their old pics and putting some on display for people to see, and one of Tim as a newborn looks almost exactly like Aaron. In fact just the other day Luke was over there looking at the picture boards they put together asking Gammy, "Who's that?", at each picture except that one when he said, "Oh, that baby Aaron!"





Luke loves playing with Tim! Watching them together reminds me of when I was little and my uncle Randy would let us climb all over him or would play Grey Wolf with us in the barn. We are really going to miss him next year when he goes on his year of service.





Luke, Tim and Abby watching a movie together.


..............................................................................................................................


On Mother's Day we had strawberry shortcake at the park with the Regier family, so here are a few pics from that day. My favorite Mother's Day gift came from Luke who potty trained himself in about three days. Thursday before Mother's Day I decided I was tired of changing his diapers and I told him that he was a big boy adn didn't need diapers any more and that it was time for him to start using the potty chair and big boy pants. I got them out, put them on him and that was it. He had one accident on Thursday and Friday and then none on Saturday or really any since then. I was most worried about him going number 2 in the potty chair because I never had any success with him doing that last summer when we tried potty training, but he did spectactular. By Saturday he was taking himself to the bathroom without even telling me. All of the sudden I just heard the toilet flush and when I asked he told me he had gone potty. I never have to remind him, it doesn't matter what he is doing or how engrossed he is in an activity, he always stops when he needs to and runs to the bathroom! I am SOOOO happy that this went so easily! I am so glad I only have to change one boy's pants now!































































Aaron will have his 2 month appointment on Friday so I will have his growth stats to post then, and I head back to work next week so you can all keep me in your prayers then as I know the transition won't be easy for me. I have really loved spending all this time with my boys and watching them both grow and change and come to love eachother. I am so proud of Luke for how well he has handled all these changes and how much he has matured, and I love watching Aaron change right before my eyes.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Great pics, Laura, I always really enjoy your blog!