Saturday, May 21, 2011

Family day and Graduation

I think I have some pictures of Luke wearing the outfit Aaron has on in this picture so I really wanted to take a bunch of him in it too but Luke wanted to join in the fun and pretty soon Aaron decided it wasn't fun anymore. We did get a cute one of them together though!



Friday we decided to have a family day out so we started the afternoon by going to the zoo together. I take the boys to the zoo frequently, but Greg doesn't get to come very often so this was a treat.









Looking for the chimps, unfortunately they were all sleeping far away and we couldn't hardly see them. Luke still tried to get a picture though!


















We got a really good look at the hippos whenever they came up for air. The water was too murky to see them under the water.








Luke wanted to pose with all of the scultures we passed so Greg and I took turns posing with him. I think Luke is growling here.






The tigers were the hit of the day. We spent a lot of time there because Aaron decided it was time to eat and the rest of us agreed.















While we were there it came time for the tiger training which was really cool to watch!


























After the zoo it was time to eat supper so we thought we would grab some burgers. Then we remembered that we had a gift certificate for Outback so we decided to get some Really GOOD burgers! After eating we realized that we were just so close to the cheap theater so we stoped by to see what was playing and since Rango was showing we decided to go! It was both Luke and Aaron's first time in a movie theater so we had to document it!







Both boys did great in the theater. Aaron ate at teh beginning and then slept the rest of the time as long as I held my hand over his ears to keep it from being too loud for him. Luke loved seeing the little lights on the floor and the cool seats with holes for your drink. Infact he thought the way the chairs moved was so cool that half way through the movie I heard him crying a little and looked over to see that he had gotten his head stuck. He had leaned over the seat with his feet on the ground and then the seat folded up making his head fall through the crack and his bottom up in the air. It was pretty funny!





There is a little arcade at the theater so we let Luke ride the horse for 25 cents. Then ofcourse he wanted us to take it home!





We ended the night with frosties from Wendy's that we ate on the way home! It was a really great day...





Today Time Graduated from High School along with several kids from our youth group. In fact there were sooo many I missed getting pics of a few.




Tim was Validictorian.






My cousin Erin!





Tim!!!










Abby!





Mason!





Bethany!






Also Joanna, Kaven, Macie, Andrew and Olivia!








Aaron slept through the whole thing but was pretty hungry by the time we got to take pics with Tim so we went over the one of the playgrounds and Aaron ate while Luke and Greg played.







It was a beautiful evening. I can hardly believe that Tim is old enough to be leaving home, but by the end of the summer Mom and Dad will be adjusting to an empty house. He is planning on doing a year of service, probably in Bolivia, with Radical Journey through Mennonite Mission Network. I remember so well when I left home for Paraguay after my high school graduation. One of the hardest things about leaving for me was knowing how much of Tim's growing up I would be missing from then on. For Tim he will be missing Luke and Aaron growing up and the birth of Ben and Andrea's first child. Change is always bitter sweet, but I know he will have an amazing year and I wouldn't want him to miss that opportunity.

No comments: