Saturday, April 10, 2010

Outside!!!

Yesterday we did a little experiment. Luke has been going potty on his little potty chair fairly frequently lately, about three+ times a day, so I was curious to see how much he knew when we needed to go or if he could tell me or if he would be interested in potty training at all. I knew I had the whole day at home so aside from the time that we were on our walk outside Luke went without pants and we made sure that the potty chair was always close by.


(Luke watching Thomas while sitting on his potty chair)
Anyway, he did go potty in the potty chair about 5 times and on the floor about 4 times, then I put the diaper back on him. When he doesn't have a diaper on I can tell when he needs to go by the way he stands and the way he holds his mouth, but even though I could always tell he didn't always want to sit on the potty. I do think he can hold it a little bit though because when I tried to get him sit on the potty when he didn't want to he would wait until I had stopped trying to get him to sit down and then go! I didn't force the issue or anything, I wanted him to have fun with it and to keep it relaxed. I had also heard about a program of teaching a kid to go potty in the potty chair using a doll and having the child teach the doll to potty in the potty chair. I got out one of Luke's dolls and we talked about what happens, how after the baby drinks water his tummy gets all full and then he has to go potty on the potty chair, and Luke thought that was pretty funny and really got into giving the baby drinks and then making the baby sit on the potty. I think we will wait a little longer before we get serious on the potty training.
.......................................................
Today we again had a lot of fun being out doors, but this time Daddy was home and that made it even better!



Bubbles!
(notice Luke's new hair cut!)


Me sitting by our front garden that needs a little help.


Luke and I "driving" in the car. He always asks to drive, I always say no because usually I need to get somewhere, but I guess Greg lets him pretty often.








Notice my new glasses! Mom and I both got two new pairs for very cheap at Eye Glass World.


We haven't had a family pic in ages, and while this isn't the best it is definitely the most current.


Grilling with Daddy!!!!


The Meat!



Very good burgers Daddy! In fact the first thing Luke did when we got home tonight at around 10pm was to eat another half a burger and he told me it was GOOD!



After lunch we went back outside and raked up some leaves. Luke got a little bucket and rake and shovel for his birthday from friends Amy, Derrick and Glen and he enjoyed using the rake and the bucket to help Daddy.






He actually did use his own tools for about the first half of the time but then he decided he wanted to use the real things.






























Such a big helper!
..........................................................
Tonight Ben and Andrea agreed to watch Luke for us so we could have a date night. (Thanks guys!!!) We went to see Avatar and then out for some supper. It was really nice to get away together and talk about all the things that get pushed to the side lines when you are busy with work, school and a 2 yr old. We really had a great evening together and I think Luke had a lot of fun with Ben and Andrea too!

1 comment:

submarinesubmarine said...

I'm loving these frequent postings! Keep it up! Also, cute glasses! I'm due for a new pair but I haven't even made the appointment yet.