Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter

We celebrated Easter with both sides of my family last weekend but unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the Bartel get together. I did get several at the Regier gathering because I didn't have to go to work that day and Luke wanted to be outside all the time! There are tons a Luke and few of everyone else once they came outside too.


When we got up that morning Luke was still a little sleepy so I asked if he wanted to go see Grandma and Grandpa Regier and he said, no he wanted to stay in bed! Then I asked if he wanted to see his cousins (actually my cousins) Eli, Addy, Kaitlyn, Austin and Erin and he got really excited and popped right out of bed! Eli was the biggest hit of the day and Luke even figured out how to say his name!











It was really nice outside, but pretty windy. Luke had a lot of fun playing ball and with bubbles with whoever he could snag. Then it was time for the Easter basket hunt and he grabbed Addy and Eli to help him find his basket.





Found it! How exciting!!! A whole basket fully of chocolate!






Enjoying the spoils!



My basket was a little harder to find, they are building a new shed and mine was hidden in the rafters. Greg's was also pretty hard. His was hanging from the rear view mirror in Grandpa's truck but the keys to the truck were hidden too, I think in the little door to the gas tank! This year several of the boy cousins hid everything and they had a little too much fun!



Back to play!












Boy it's hard to get these bubbles out!



These cousins were trying to recreate a photo from when they were Luke's age. Addy is filling in for my brother Wes who got sick that morning and had to stay home.



Then they wanted to add the rest of the small cousins, but Luke wasn't very happy about being pulled away from playing basket ball and pretty much just sat there and cried until everyone got up and went to play with him again!



Everyone stayed outside for a while after the baskets were found and enjoyed the beautiful weather.


You can see the shed in the background of this pic. It still needs some walls and doors but they have gotten a lot done in the past few weeks.





We left soon after that because Luke was so tired and ready to crash at the slightest disappointment.
.......................................................
Luke also has a ton of candy and Eggs at home from his Myers grandparents that he has really been enjoying. Some of it we have been using for when Luke gose potty in the potty chair, and he is going pretty frquently now. Right now it is still just when I suggest it and happen to catch him at the right time, but I think that once he figures out how to tell me when he needs to go he won't take long to potty train. For now we are just very relaxed and having fun with it.
.......................................................
Happy Easter!!!

1 comment:

submarinesubmarine said...

Great pictures sister! I want to see the one of the cousins young though. It sounds like you guys are doing a great job of keeping potty training interesting and low pressure. I wish September wasn't so far away. Actually, what I really wish is that Kansas wasn't so far away. I miss you guys!