Friday, April 24, 2009

Construction

The construction continues... Greg's Dad will be here for about one more week, he has to be back in Indiana the first of May, so there is a lot to do in this last week.







These pics are from our front living room. The wainscoting or bead board was covering all the walls and changing directions at each corner! Now the only places you can still see it are on the chimney, in the closet and on the wall going up the stairs. Eventually only the inside of the closet will still have it showing.





Luke and I try to get out of the house fairly frequently to get away from the dust and all the dangerous things lying around everywhere for his tiny hands to find. He needs a break now and then from constantly hearing me tell him, "NO LUKEY!!!" in a very panicked voice! (-:
Yesterday morning he woke up super early, not quite 8am even and his normal is closer to 10. When he still wasn't going back to sleep an hour later we got up, dressed, ate breakfast and headed out to my Mom's. I was scheduled to work that afternoon so he would have to go out eventually anyways, and this way he could play, I could sleep, and Dennis could work without worrying about the noise or dust or anything. I ended up getting called off until 7pm so after my nap and talking to my sister for a while we decided that it was such a beautiful day, we should show Luke puddles! My sister was a notorious puddle lover. When she was a toddler my mom couldn't let her out of the house on Sunday mornings if it had rained the night before because whenever she saw a puddle she would run and sit down in the middle of it before Mom had a chance to stop her. Even when she was four or five it wasn't uncommon to find her playing in the full ditches around our house, her pants off so they wouldn't get wet, whatever friend happened to be visiting joining in the fun!
It was so warm and we had a big rain the night before so there were lots of glorious puddles all over the place. We stripped Luke down and took him out to the yard where there was a nice grassy puddle to wade in. I set him down at the edge and started wading in myself, with pant legs rolled hi. He followed me a little and splashed a few times, and then he decided he did not like this! He liked the water and he liked the splashing, but he didn't like the feel of the grass on his feet! How could I have raised a son who doesn't like to be barefoot outside?!? After a few more unsuccessful attempts we took him back to the house. We sat on the steps to let him play, still naked, and he didn't like the feel of dirt on his feet there either. The steps were pretty smooth, but when he walked onto the sidewalk he got a little grit on his feet and started complaining and walked back to me on his tip toes! It was funny to watch, but I really am a little sad that he doesn't love to be barefoot like I do. I hope he will grow out of this eventually. Mom suggested water shoes for my sons sensitive toesies, but I think that's probably not going to happen.

No comments: