Friday, July 4, 2008

A good day

This was a good day, but also a long and tiring day for Luke. I'll talk about the good stuff later, but first I'll explain Luke's day. All day long I think he got in two 45 minute naps and a handful of cat naps that only made it harder to fall asleep because he was so frustrated. So for a good part of the day he was fussy but he always seemed to put on a smile when it counted and now that it is done and he is finally sleeping soundly and won't be disturbed I can say that over all it was a very good day.

This morning Luke and I went to visit my grandma and great grandma with my mom. Great grandma woke up soon after we got there and Luke tuned on the charm for a good 15-25 minutes until she fell back to sleep and he began to realize just how tired he was. Luke and Great Grandma had a nice chat together and shared lots of smiles and kisses on both sides before we left!

We spent most of the afternoon at my Mom's house and got the first nap in right around noon. Then at home he got a second good nap in around 3:30 and was up again for quite a while before Greg got home. Then we headed to Wichita to do a little shopping and then visit Amy, Derrick and Glen. He was supper tired and fell asleep a few times briefly in the car but always was woken up by something or other. When we got to Amy and Derrick's I thought he might go right to sleep if we laid down together and nursed a bit but after filling his tummy all he wanted to do was look around. Amy and Glen had been sitting and nursing in the same room with us so when I realized he wasn't going to sleep we sat up and talked and he was very interested in Glen.

He was fine until we were all done taking pictures of the two cute babies and then he just started crying, poor boy, he was so exhausted! Amy, Derrick, Glen and Luke and I decided to take a walk since it was so nice and cool outside and we hoped it would help Luke fall asleep. (Greg was tired too and opted to nap at the house while we walked.) Poor sweet Luke finally fell asleep halfway through the walk but got woken up when I tried to lay him down after we got back. He nursed again and then played with their obliging cat until we decided it was time to go home. I think as soon as we hit the road he was out! He has been waking up only long enough to eat ever since!

Hope you enjoyed the videos!

No comments: