Thursday, September 4, 2008

new projects and fun stuff!

Look at my happy baby! Can you see the curl on top of his head in the one below? I just had to get a pic of it even though it is dark and the house is a mess, just look at the curl!
This last one was after we finally got him calmed down. I think he has a cold or something because he was crying really hard and the usual wasn't calming him down. I finally ended up giving him some Tylenol and eventually he settled down and was happy again the rest of the evening, poor baby!

Ok, I am excited!

First, today Luke is 6 months old and for the first time today I saw him start moving his hands while trying to crawl!!! He even made a little forward progress! (unfortunately no video yet but I will keep trying ;-) He is such a beautiful, good baby! I really couldn't have asked for a better one, or one that fit me better as a new mom. He loves to snuggle, he is mellow but knows what he wants, and usually I can figure it out easily. Today we ate lunch with Grandma and Papa Regier at a restaurant and he was happy and so easy the whole time. While we ate he just sat on my lap and played and he gave lots of smiles to Grandma and Papa. (-:

Second, I made two fun buys that should get here just in time for Winfield, which also makes me excited! (we are going for Friday and Saturday!) Anyway, I won an auction on ebay and got Robeez booties (brown ones) for way cheaper than they are sold for (way too expensive). They are the coolest shoes, very durable and made of leather, soft and flexible so they are good for baby feet and good for learning how to walk. They should fit him for the next 6 months at least and they are nice and warm for winter. Soooo CUTE!

The other fun buy is also baby related, a mei tai carrier from http://www.meitaibaby.com/ , check it out. This isn't a super cheap buy but I worked an extra shift to make up for it and in the long run I think it is a very economical and responsible buy. I did my homework and this company got the best reviews and I know why! First I like it because it is a stay at home mom who makes the mei tais and I like supporting small businesses. Second this is the only kind of mei tai I could find that has snaps at the botom to make it adjustable which makes it possible to use it with newborns as well as toddlers (others claim that they can be used with newborns as well but a lot of reviews I saw said that they didn't work as well with newborns because they weren't adjustable at the bottom). This is also the only mei tai I could find that has the "zippy" option which allows you to switch out the pretty fabric on the outside whenever you want and totally change the look of your mei tai with your mood or the occasion or the person doing the carrying (you can get a pretty one for yourself and a manly one for dad). It also rated very high on durability and on customer satisfaction, a lot of reviews talked about how the business owner had gone out of her way to take care of her customers even when it wasn't her responsibility. Case in point, I asked if she could get it to me before Winfield and she said sure, especially since it's a bluegrass festival. (-; Anyway they are beautiful and I can't wait to try mine. I'll take pics, or have Greg take pics to post after it gets here. (-;


The third thing I am excited about is a few new knitting projects! Yep, Luke is letting me knit, such a good baby! I am making a hat for him, and then I bought yarn for two pairs of socks!

Above is the yarn for the hat(it's actually a little bluer and greener than it looks in the picture) and below is the pattern and my progress so far tonight! The yarn is very soft and warm alpaca yarn! The ear flaps have " hidden" peace signs, can you see them below???


And finally the sock yarn!

I feel a little guilty, new things shouldn't make me so happy, but I guess at least I am being responsible about the new things I am getting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of the meitai... looks like fun! Tell us the colors and fabrics you picked!

~leah

spiderwart said...

I picked botanical patch orange, botanical stripe green, and sports news. I also really like the retro hula dolls, sun celebration and the monkeys, it was a hard choice, but I guess if I really want some of the ones I didn't get this time I can ask for them for Christmas!

The Birdsell Clan said...

Babywearing is so fun! Yesterday, we stopped at Kohl's and I walked home with him in the sling. He slept the whole way and we both enjoyed the cool weather.