Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter!


We had Easter with the Regiers on Saturday and with the Bartels on Sunday.  Greg had to miss Saturday and I had to miss Sunday because of our work schedules but we both tried to take pics to make up for it.  


The Regier reunion included an auction of a few of Grandpa's tools and also everyone got to choose a few tools for free from his collection.  He had a lot of neat antique tools and uncle Ken ran the auction with people bidding each other up for fun.  







Sarah loves my mom's puppy, Fritz, and gave him several hugs and lots of pats.  I never quite got a pic of the hugs but he was a good sport even when she wasn't quite as gentle as she should have been. 



After the auction was the Easter basket hunt, all the grands and great grands got baskets just like when we were kids, all the "grownups" and guests got Russel Stover eggs.








After the Easter Basket hunt we had a yummy supper and lots of dessert and there were mugs and china and pocket knives for everyone to take home.  Just before I took my three kiddos home they got out the instruments and started to play some music, but with three tired kids and work/church the next day we needed to get to bed so we went home.  The moon was beautiful and Luke wanted me to take a picture but I don't know how to change the settings that well on my camera so this is the best one I got but it hardly does it justice.  You can see a bit how it was shining on the clouds around it, but to us it looked so much bigger!


The next day I got to go to church before heading in to work and snatched a quick lunch at Bartels  as well.  Greg and the kids stayed to eat lunch with everyone else after I left and had a candy hunt and fun playing in the back yard.


Don't my boys look handsome!  The kids asked to have matching shirts this year and these are the ones they chose!


These two are actually from church.  Sarah was playing on these rocking horses most of the service and had great fun climbing on them and figuring out how to make them rock.  I posted a video of her making it rock on my facebook page.



My other monkey and his cousin Charley.  Aaron has always been a climber and completely unafraid of heights and gaps, etc.  Luke has always been a bit more careful and doesn't like to climb on things where there are gaps between the steps.  


Finding Candy!!!  



Luke has a whole shirt full, I hope he shared!


I so love this little house and the fact that it is just big enough for all of us to come and be together.  It was hard to leave the home place and even harder to have Grandma and Grandpa in the quadplex apartment where they didn't feel at home.  I'm so glad that my grandma was able to find this place and able to say that it was important for her to be in a place that felt like home and not just do what so many of her peers have done and buy into the nursing home complex.  What is right for some is not right for everyone and I am proud of her courage.  In the corner on the right had side you can see a series of 4 paintings done by a local artist from photographs of the home place taken by Larry.  They are treasures.

No comments: