Wednesday, August 10, 2011

the zoo!


Went to the zoo on Wednesday with Mom, Dad, Tim and Abby! It was actually at Abby's request. She's leaving Friday for a year of service in WV and wanted to go to the zoo with the boys before she left and it just got bigger from there. I am so glad she asked because with the temps in the 100's all summer doing anything outside has not been on my to do list. It ended up being a perfect day though, with temps in the 70's and low 80's and only rain during the bit while we were in the reptile house and jungle!




Luke is trying very hard not to smile while we all say, "Don't smile, Luke! Don't smile!"












Friendly goats, the kept jumping up on me which I didn't appreciate too much but Luke very much wanted to feed the goats and not the sheep.





Luke showing us all the different snakes and reptiles! I wish I had caught him doing his Vana White presentation!











Everyone below is marveling at how different the exhibit above is from when I was a kid and there was just these brown branches hanging from the ceiling with snakes on them. Now it's full of gren and has an iguana and a couple of turtles.













Luke ran through the jungle 3 times while waiting for me to feed and change Aaron.




Snack time at the Tigers! Kind of a tradition now I guess.







I think the pic above is my favorite from the day! Tim is leaving in a week for his own year abroad doing service in Bolivia and I am in denile about the fact that he will be gone so long and is old enough to leave home. Luke is definitely going to miss "Timmy".


















Our snack consisted of Luke's leftover PBJ sandwich and a bag of carrots.























































Baby's all over the zoo this yr it seemed, but I think the baby chimp stole the show this trip.



















After the zoo wewent to Panera!!! I love Panera! Luke knew exactly what he wanted as soon as we walked in the door which cracked me up a bit. Usually when we go I order him a grilled cheese sandwich because we are on the road and that is portable if he doesn't want to eat while we are there, but he usually eats my soup and saves the sandwich for later. As soon as we walked in he announced that he wanted soup!

No comments: