Sunday, December 13, 2009

TMI

OK, so this may be TMI for some of you but I had to share it anyway.

Today, the 12th, Luke went both potty and poopy in the toilet for the first time! He has got potty in the toilet before but we really haven't worked on that in a long time so it has been quite a while since he last did it. Tonight when I was getting him ready for his bath I had the potty chair seat attached to the regular toilet seat and I asked him if he wanted to go potty and he said yes! I didn't really expect him to do anything but I helped him get settled so that he wouldn't spray everything and I turned around to get the bath water going and before I even got there I heard him start to tinkle! I was very impressed.

After his bath I was getting ready to get him out of the tub and I noticed that he looked like he was starting to strain so I asked him if he needed to go poopy and wanted to sit on the potty chair and he said yes again! I really didn't think he would actually go while sitting there, he has never even attempted to go poop on the toilet before and I have heard that usually getting kids to go poop in the toilet is the hardest part of potty training but he sat there very determinedly and had a really big BM in the toilet. After a couple of seconds I noticed he was shivering so I got an extra towel to wrap around him and he loved that! Every time I heard another little plop in the toilet I asked him if he was going poopy some more and he always said yes and then I praised him to high heaven. Oh the things we parents get excited about! He was so proud of himself! When he was half way through he pointed down the hall so I asked if he wanted Daddy to come up and he smiled really big and nodded so I called Greg up and he very proudly showed Greg that he was sitting on the potty chair! It was too cute!

You know it is never safe to read the blog of a nurse or a parent and here you have both in one!

2 comments:

SubSub said...

It may be TMI for some people but I think it's great!!! Congratulations to all three of you!!! Also, I'll see you all one month from today!!!!!!

The Birdsell Clan said...

Congrats to the little guy!