Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Nephew

Well, there is a new baby in our family! James and Courtney had a son on Monday evening the 21st. He is a beautiful baby boy, just over 8 lbs! Very sweet, very cute! I think Courtney is really happy, tired but happy. I haven't seen James yet but my mom says he is pretty excited too. It is a complicated situation, but a healthy baby is always a good reason to celebrate, and I want to wish both James and Courtney congratulations! There is nothing like a child to teach you what real love means, ti completely overwhelms you, how such a small person that you didn't even know a day ago can instantly grab your heart like nothing you have ever experienced before. I have learned sooooo much from being Luke's mother and I wouldn't trade a moment of it!


This sweet little boy doesn't have a name yet, but we are looking forward to hearing what Courtney will chose! ;-)
I got to go visit them today and took these pictures. Luke came with me and was enthralled with the baby, I think he must have kissed him at least 5 or 6 times. When we were leaving I almost think he was trying to tell me to bring the baby with us, but I think that baby needs to stay with his momma. Hopefully someday Luke will be as thrilled with a baby brother or sister of his own!

...................................................................................................................................................................

Luke and I also went up to the floor I used to work on in that hospital to see my old coworkers and it was really good to catch up a bit. They are such good people! I found out that there are a couple of new babies that have been born or are on their way! I just wish I could have seen everyone. They were amazed at how big Luke has gotten and kept telling me that he looks like his momma! It's kinda nice to hear since most people tend to think he looks like Greg! Of course they don't know Greg so maybe if they saw Greg they wouldn't think he looks like me.

2 comments:

submarinesubmarine said...

Thanks for posting this! I've been wishing I could see a picture of the little guy. I'm looking forward to hearing what they name him.

Bekah said...

aww. Congrats :) I can't wait til Christy finds out what she is having! :)