Saturday, June 13, 2009

notes

Luke had his Dr's appointment today, about 32 inches long and 23 lbs. He had a hard time with the Dr and nurses today. Always before he has been fine, curious about everything and accepting of the staff. Today he couldn't handle it at all. As soon as someone other than me would get near him he would cling to me and scream! Dr Wiens said maybe he remembers his trip to the ER... Poor baby!

Afterwards we went to Drubber's for lunch with a coworker and her little boy. It was fun seeing her sweet baby, who is almost two! He and Luke shared a donut and lots of smiles and jabbers.

Luke and I had lots of errands to do today. The most fun one for me was going to the library. We didn't stay long but we got the second two books in the Wizard of Oz series. At night Luke has his bath and then we read together. If he is wide awake and not sitting down well I start with short picture books until he has calmed down a bit. Then after a while he snuggles in with me and I read a short chapter or two to him. Tonight we finished The Wizard of Oz, so tomorrow we will start one of the new books.

This evening we went to the public pool with my brother Wes. It wasn't as big of a hit as the rec. center pool was, I think because the water was so cool and it wasn't very hot this evening. He got cool fast, but he still wanted to be in the water. We saw some other kids with some little balls and they let him play with them and took turns throwing them back and forth for quite a while. Wes hung out with us some of the time but also got a lot of time in with some kids he goes to school with and the big slide and diving boards. When we went to drop him off at home Luke wanted to get out and play so he and Wes played with the basket ball for quite a while. There was also a little kitten watching them and when Luke saw it he started patting his leg with one hand vigorously and kind of leaning down a bit! It was so funny. It was like he was trying to call the kitten the way you would call a dog to you, and he did it over and over again, just patting his little leg as fast as he could and beaming at that kitten! I have never seen him do that before, not sure where he picked it up, but he had me in stitches!

Well, I have so much that needs to be done tomorrow, and it is really late so I had better go snuggle up and get some sleep before Luke decides that it is time to get up!

No comments: