Friday, March 6, 2009

goodbye


My great grandma died this morning. She was 97 years old and she had several perfectly clear days before she let go. Several perfect days of seeing her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and her one great-great-grandchild. She enjoyed every minute of it, you could see it on her face. What a gift! It still hasn't really sunk in to me yet that she is gone, I think I almost thought that she would always be here because she had come so close to going so many times before and always hung on. She was an amazing woman, I know I only got to see bits of her life but I know enough to know that. I know that she loved God and that she is probably enjoying herself immensely right now up in heaven. I am excited to see her there someday myself to know what she would be like with out her constant pain and her slow old body holding her back.
I love you, Grandma! I miss you, especially your kisses and your love, but I'll see you later!


No comments: