Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Construction!

These first two pics were taken the first of November, didn't feel much like November then but it is starting to now!

This baby loves his daddy!

For the last week my father-in-law, Dennis, was visiting us and working on our house with Greg. On his last visit in the spring he helped to frame the bathroom and small room we wanted to put in down stairs, made out of a side entry in our house that wasn't really functional before. Since then we had gotten most of the plumbing and dry wall up in the bathroom but none of the mudding done and no dry wall up in the small room. With his help we got the rest of the drywall up, did lots of mudding and sanding, started to paint, got the light-switches and outlets installed, and the linoleum on the floor!!!

The dust from sanding was awful, all of us got sore throats and Luke and I got runny noses and coughs as well. Only Greg got white though! It is going to take another week to get all that dust cleaned up!

We also had time to enjoy each other. It was great to have Grandpa there every morning to play with Luke while I got an extra couple of hours of sleep, especially when I worked late a couple of nights. We also spent an evening at my parents house to relax.

Aren't my boys sweet, both exhausted and all snuggled up together!
These next two are for Mimi, who gave Luke this toy. We thought since he likes to walk around things maybe he would be ready for this thing and use it to walk around but it's just a little to advanced for him. He really likes it but mommy has to be right there with him or it either tips or runs away from him. I don't think it will be too much longer before he can do it on his own though!



I think Luke really enjoyed his time with Grandpa, especially watching from the gate while Grandpa worked.








The cubby hole on the right of the shower is going to have three shelves in it and the toilet and sink will be on the right hand side too. I have a light blue shower curtain and soap dish and will get some towels to match. It's small but I think it will be beautiful.

This light is in the small room on the left of the bathroom. We haven't figured out what color to paint it yet, probably will get a reject paint. The to do list is a lot smaller now, we need to buy a mirror, lights and doorknob for the bathroom, finish the painting in both rooms including the shelves and door, install the sink and toilet which shouldn't take too long since I think the plumbing is already in place and waiting, install the door to the bathroom and decorate and move things in to both rooms! I can hardly wait to reclaim that space, but I think it will still be a couple of weeks at least, depending on how much time Greg is able to spend working on things.

1 comment:

SubSub said...

Yay!!! I love all the great pictures! It looks like Greg and Dennis got a ton done too! I love you and your beautiful family! I'll get to see you all in less than two months! I can't stop ending my sentences with exclamation points!