Tuesday, June 3, 2008

BBQ!

Here are some pictures from a BBQ at Ben and Andrea's for her birthday and also because she is going away to study for several weeks this summer.







Luke was really smiley that night, especially for Ben and Andrea, maybe he was thanking them for hosting!




Luke has been learning lots of new things lately. Last Thursday he was at my mom's and he finally got his thumb into his own mouth! Now he loves to suck on it whenever he can manage to get it to his mouth, and especially when he is tired.





Obviously Greg was taking the pictures that day.


Also here is a quick video we took the other day for aunt Becca! She made Luke two really cute little stuffed animals, a turtle and an elephant, and we got the elephant out two days ago and Luke loved it! He just watched it very intensely and beamed at it when his daddy made it dance. (-:



One more thing Luke learned recently was how to roll over. He hasn't got it down on command yet but yesterday while he was at Mom's he made it all the way over from front to back. It's so much fun watching him learn new things but at the same time I know that it means he is getting bigger so fast, he will never be that tiny baby again and I miss it already.


Work is going good at my new job, but I will be in orientation for a very long time I think. Because my shift is 3p-3a it is nice to always get to spend my mornings with Luke and makes it feel to me like I am not gone so long. We have had a few difficulties recently though. Luke decided not to take the bottle from Greg for about a week of shifts for me and Greg would bring him in to me to nurse after trying everything he could think of and having to hear Luke scream for 30+ minutes. They would get there both looking exhausted and defeated, Luke with sad red eyes from crying but so hopeful when he saw me, it just broke my heart! Finally we had Greg go out to my parent's house and try to feed him a bottle there and he took it and after that Greg hasn't had any trouble feeding him bottles at home either. That final day when he gave Greg a break I was so worried I felt like crying almost my whole shift, but Luke did ok so now I can relax again. At least this didn't happen when I worked so far away, Greg could get him to me in ten minutes instead of 50 which I think we all really appreciated at 1am.

1 comment:

SubSub said...

GREAT pictures and thank you soooo much for the little video! I'm so excited I get to come visit in a little over a month!!!