Friday, June 27, 2008

Another new baby!

No pictures this time as I am away from home at the moment but as soon as I get home I hope to upload a few to post. One of my best friends from childhood just had her first baby, a little boy named Glen Allen (sorry if I didn't get the spelling!), on Thursday morning. He is beautiful and we are glad he is safely here. I visited with him and his mama this afternoon and took a few pics, will post later, and I got to see them bring her sweet little boy to her room for the first time as he had been in the special care nursery for some slight breathing difficulties from the medications she had needed. The look on her face as she finally got to hold her precious one close and know that he was safe and healthy and hers to keep was priceless. The wonder of a mother's intense love for her newborn, to not feel quite whole when they are away from you, I know it so well. I know it only gets deeper and more beautiful. I am so glad that she gets to experience this for herself. I know she has been longing for this child and preparing for his arrival carefully. They had a rough arrival but both are doing great now and settling in, getting to know each other. So here is to little Glen, his daddy, Derrick, and beautiful mama, Amy! Happy birthday little one and happy first mother's and father's day to your parents! I love you!

No comments: