Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow at last!!!

We finally got the first snow of the winter this week and it has been REALLY COLD! It snowed Sunday night and I worked Monday and Tuesday so Wednesday was the first day I had a chance to go out and play in it at all. It hasn't melted at all, which was unfortunate for sledding since it doesn't have that nice ice crust to make it easier going, and that gives you a clue as to just how cold it has been the last few days. Last year Luke was pretty little so we didn't end up taking him sledding at all, but this year I thought he would enjoy it, and it didn't take any twisting at all to get my dad interested! Anyway, around 3pm we went and picked up my dad and the sleds and headed out to our favorite hill. Greg and my Dad took turns pulling Luke on a sled to get to the starting spot.


(Greg and Luke above, my dad in his scary mask pulling Luke below.)


Greg and Luke went down together for the first ride...





I think Luke liked it until the snow started flying up in his face, by the time they reached the bottom I could hear him crying. )-: When he got back to the top and got his face and his boots cleaned out though he was ready to go again. He wanted to go with me, but with my pregnant belly I figured it was probably safest for both of us if I went alone and he rode just with Greg and my dad, so it was Papa's turn to give the ride.








(We were joined by a neighbor dog)






Again by the time he reached the bottom he was crying, but Papa calmed him down easily and he was ready to go again pretty soon.






Yes, I really was there! I went down the hill only twice because I wanted to take pics of everyone else and because I am at the stage where I get winded pretty easily already!







Luke didn't have to worry about getting winded on the way back up!




Luke's third and final trip down the hill with his daddy!









It might be hard to see, but by that time he kept his hands over his face the whole way down to keep the snow from hitting it. He was still crying at the end of the ride, but when we asked him if he liked sledding he still said yes, just not getting snow in his face!




I think Greg and Dad probably got at least three or four rides each, but with Luke getting so cold and not enjoying the snow in his face we stopped after only a short time to go in for some hot tea and cookies with Gammy!
....................................................................
On our way out the door again to go home Luke wanted to play in the snow again so I grabbed a few of him jumping in it. We were hard pressed to get him into the car he was having so much fun.
















No comments: