Thursday, December 2, 2010

quick update

So both Greg and Luke have felt the baby move several times now. We never did vote on an in-utero name but the options are all cookie related, chocolate chip, snicker doodle, macaroon, etc. Annette, my aunt, is voting for Mac, short for macaroon, but I haven't asked Greg yet if he has any preference. If any of you have a preference or other idea (there are lots of possibilities) post a comment and let us know!

Otherwise everything is going really well. The baby is moving all the time now and has gotten big enough that he is giving me heartburn almost every evening. When I hold crying babies at work he often wakes up to give them a few kicks which cracks me up, and of course any time I sit still a little while he gets really active. I love that feeling! It always makes me smile.

Right now Luke's two favorite games involve getting extra hugs and kisses from me. One he loves is to tell me he is going to work, then we go through the good-bye routine with hugs and kisses and telling each other how much we love the other person. Then he steps outside the door of the room for two seconds and comes back in to do it all over again. The other game involves me telling him it is time to go to sleep, giving hugs and kisses, etc. Then he closes his eyes tight and waits for me to wake him up with tickles and we do it all over again as many times as I am willing. He is super affectionate, I am so blessed, and he frequently comes up to me out of the blue and says, "mommy, I love you!" very sweetly. The funny part is that if I say I love him too he usually will say, "No! I love Mommy!" until I say, "Yes, I know, Luke loves mommy and I love Luke!" and he finally understands that I am not saying that he doesn't love me but that I love him too. (-;

We have been looking at lots of pictures lately, his other favorite thing to do, mostly on my blog or other people's blogs. He is really looking forward to going to see his Indiana family and I have been helping him remember how to say everyones' names which he likes to practice too. He and I both had really bad colds a couple of weeks ago and even though he has been feeling better for a week and a half now he still tries to get me to give him suck candy by fake coughing and telling me, "Mommy, I sick! I need suck candy!" He is pretty smart but I think I am still just a little ahead of him most of the time! ;-)

That's it for now!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I love that the baby kicks the other babies!! Although maybe it means he'll be an aggressive little guy. It's funny anyway.

I love those nicknames! We make some really good brown sugar shortbread cookies at work. I think Shortbread is a pretty cute one. Peppernuts are cookies too. I'll try to think of more. I think you should pick one you like and try it out for a day and see if it feels right to you and Greg.