Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sweet baby!

The other day Luke and I had fun playing with his baby. He often carries it around, pats it's back and tries to feed it or put it's thumb in it's mouth (it is made to do that). This day he was playing with his baby patting it's back and I asked if he wanted me to help him wrap his baby in the blanket. He got really excited but he didn't want the baby wrapped in the blanket! He wanted to be the baby in the blanket! He could hardly wait for me to spread the blanket out before he plopped down on top of it! I was really surprised, one he never wants any blankets on in bed, we always have to make sure he wears long pj bottoms so he doesn't get cold, and two we haven't ever really wrapped up him or his baby since he was tiny!
Anyway, he was pretty excited about getting wrapped up!
After I wrapped him up I thought, I HAVE to get a picture of this! I started to get up and he got scared that I was leaving him so I turned around and said, "Mommy wants to take a picture of you, can you wait right hear so I can get the camera?" and he settled right down and waited with out moving until I came back to take his picture! He understands so much more than even I realize sometimes!

Hear he is putting his baby to bed in his cardboard box house.


Relaxing after a hard day's work!




This video is of him rocking his baby while Greg and I sing Rock-a bye Baby. That day he also wanted me to rock him and sing it over and over again! So sweet!

................................

I think he is starting to get the difference between him and a baby, sometimes he wants to be a big boy and do big boy things like help mommy and other times he wants to be a baby. It is so interesting to watch him learn these things.

..............................

Sunday was so nice and cool Luke and I went to the zoo while daddy stayed home and worked on homework. Next time he better do it on Saturday so we can all go together! It was a perfect day for the zoo, really nice and cool with a high in the mid 70's! We started off at the Penguins but there were tons of people there so we moved on pretty quickly to the North American exhibit. I don't think I have taken Luke through there since we went with Faby and Camila and the Birdsel clan, and that day we couldn't see the bears or the otters, but both were out and playful today!







Luke had fun growling at the bears!





Luke was definitely in Big Boy mode today and wanted to push the stroller all by himself almost the whole time we were there. I had to be really careful because there were a lot of people there and he didn't have great control, but he was also a little on the tired side, especially towards the end, and really didn't want my help at all!
















I think we stopped at every single water fountain we passed to get a drink. The boy loves water!





Luke had a meltdown on the big wooden walk way that goes past the Mexican wolves and the buffalo because he was having a hard time with the stroller but didn't want my help, so we found a nice quiet shady spot and took a quick nana break. It was just the ticket. He made it through the rest of the zoo with no tears!














See the cute baby giraffe hiding behind his mamma?! There were also a lot of little babies in that area and I think Luke was almost more enthralled with them than the giraffes! I didn't get any pics because I had to work hard to keep him from kissing all these stranger's babies. A couple of the mommas were friendly and let him get a closer look but some of the mommas had concerned looks on their faces, maybe not sure if he would be gentle or not, so I got him moving again as fast as I could.


Well, we had a really good day, hope you enjoyed the pics!

2 comments:

The Birdsell Clan said...

La, I just got your messages Monday morning (I left my phone at the airport all weekend)! :-( I love your zoo pics. We were actually there in the morning before it got insanely busy. Since it was a free day, people were just pouring in! I would have loved to see you, but we'll keep trying.

The Chandler's said...

He is getting so big and cute! The pics of him wrapped up and with his baby are adorable! How in the world do you get the video posted? I can' figrue it out. :( If you get a chance you can email me at ikechandler@verizon.net....