Saturday, July 4, 2009

Indiana pics...

These first pics are from the rehearsal dinner for my friend Bekah's wedding. She got married out at this beautiful park, I should have taken more pictures but my battery ran low. Her in-laws from California made all the food, three point steaks as the main course. It was amazing food, and I'm not big on large pieces of meat so that is saying something.

Bekah and I

Sarah, Bekah, and Bekah's sister Christy

Bekah's little boy Caleb and their friend John who watched out for Caleb most of the time while things were busy. They were buddies.



Isn't he a cutey!

We went to Bekah's hotel room after the rehearsal dinner to hang out and play with lil' man.

I don't have any pics of the wedding, I'm hoping to get some soon from Bekah, but until then you will have to wait in suspense.
...............................................................................
Here are some pics from Kaylene's reception. Greg had Luke with him so he didn't take any pictures at the wedding. Unfortunately most of the pictures we took at the reception didn't turn out great.



The hall and decorations were gorgeous...



And so were the bride and groom!





The kids had a blast dancing, Luke had no fear and turned in circles all by himself in the middle of the dance floor for two whole songs before we called him over to the side so the bride and groom could dance! We have a very long video of it, too long to upload unfortunately.


These next pics are from the day after the weddings. With lots of family in town we went to a local park and enjoyed a long afternoon together outside!

Hand and foot, the traditional card game of the Myers clan!


A version of bean bags was the favorite game of the day. The boards have the White Sox emblems on them and belonged to Kent and Kathy, but Greg is determined to make himself some similar. (-;


Luke really liked the game too,and always wanted to help!


Luke also enjoyed following his cousins around. He followed Cassia out to this volley ball sand pit...
I think he got stuck there!



















These are from another day at Kent and Kathy's house...



The cousins put on a couple of very wild plays for us, I have video, but it's too long to post.



Above are all the Great-grand kids with Grandma Myers.


.................................................................



Below are the Texas relatives and Grandma.





Yeah for cousins!




Kathy had the touch and was able to get Luke to play happily without me for a bit!


Playing dress-up with the kids.



Happy birthday to Mary, Gary, and me!



Luke wanted to do EVERYTHING with his cousins.
...........................................

It was a really fun trip, but we didn't take nearly enough pictures. I'm hoping to get more from the rest of the family soon!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Good pics! I think Greg had set your photos be downloaded onto a CD - do you still want them downloaded? Every time I reboot it tells me there are photos ready to be downloaded! I did upload your photos to the family shuterfly site - you should've gotten an invite to it!

Did I see on facebook that you will be coming to IN for another wedding? I wan tto be sure we don't make other plans at that time if you are.

You are quite a writer, Laura. Are you going to print this blog - or parts of it into Luke's photo album?

spiderwart said...

We don't need the cd anymore, we were just going to do that while we were there because we filled up our memory card most of the way and wanted more space, but thanks!

We are coming for the 1st weekend in October, so it won't be quite so long inbetween visits, but it won't be a very long visit. I'll send you an email later when I can check the exact dates.

I'm not sure exactly how I will transfer stuff from here to photo albums, but for now this is the quickest and easiest way for me to both keep in touch with you and everyone else far away, and to get memories down while they are still fresh. I might copy and paste sections from here into a photo album, and I will most certianally use this blog as a reference as I scrapbook, whenever I finally get around to it!