Monday, February 2, 2009

I DO IT!

Luke likes to do it by himself! For the longest time he was content to let me feed him and didn't ever grab for the spoon, but now he wants to be a big boy! We had eggs, green beans and canned pears tonight (which he loves as if they were candy). I let him do the beans himself and thankfully by the time we got the pears out he was ready to let me do them for him. He did really well with the beans though. I showed him how to use his little fork from grandma Mimi and he ate all of his beans. I think about half of them he actually put in his mouth with his fingers instead of the fork, but even those times he often picked them up with the fork and then took them off with his finger and put them in his mouth. He is getting so big!














He is getting so big so fast, tomorrow is his 11 month birthday and I can hardly believe he will be one in a month! I saw a friend today who has a little girl only about a week or two younger than Luke, but she looks so much more like a baby than he does. She does not have nearly as much hair and she isn't walking yet so she seems a lot more like a baby still. She said something to her baby while we were talking about how she has a lot to learn, and I know that feeling of being so excited for the next stage, but right now I am ready for him to slow down just a bit. I'm not quite ready for my baby to turn into a little boy. He is starting to nurse less at night, sometimes he sleeps ten hours without waking up, and even though I know he will probably still want to nurse for a long time yet, I have mixed feelings about this new step. Part of me really enjoys the return of freedom to sleep however I want without worrying about waking Luke. On the other hand I'm glad he isn't doing it everynight because after a night or two I really miss having him snuggled up next to me. I guess it's good that weaning is a process and not an overnight change for my sake as well as for his. (for anyone wondering I plan on letting him "self wean" unless something comes up that would require us to wean sooner, so like I said, I'm guessing he will be nursing for a good amount of time yet, not just a month)



Our new bathroom is kind of stuck in time at the moment. The sink is still not installed because we have to put the baseboard in behind it first and Greg hasn't had time. Also no door, lights or mirror yet, though all are sitting just outside the room. We have the shower and toilet working and I put up the curtian just to see what it looks like, so pretty! Also, to my mom-in-law, the towels you got me for Christmas are a pefect match! Thank you so much! Anyway, here is what it looks like right now, I can hardly wait for it to be finnished, but I'm guessing I'm going to have to wait until my father-in-law's next visit (don't tell Greg I said so ;-).



1 comment:

Bekah said...

aw he's getting so big! Caleb still doesn't want to feed himself. . .i think he thinks I'm his slave hehe. I wish Caleb would sleep 10 hours hehe. . .i can't believe he is almost one years old. . .